Here's a track-by-track look at 'V'.
1. Maps: An instant fun, rhyming and catchy track that is probably already stuck in your heads. It's the first single of the album, and draws you right into the infectious pop tone to come. 4.5/5
2. Animals: Sounding very close to 'Maps', this track flows quite well from the opening track, with Adam Levine hitting the highest of highs on the chorus, complete with an epic howl. What's not to like? 4/5
3. It Was Always You: Hit after hit, this is another catchy pop tune to bop along too as Adam takes you on a journey of a love, that was always his. It gets a bit tiresome though after a few listens. 3/5
4. Unkiss Me: A perfect break from the upbeat tracks here, as Adam goes into ballad mode with a stripped back backdrop. 4.5/5
5. Sugar: A sort of filler track, but all-in-all a sweet little candy track that grows on you. 3/5
6. Leaving California: Songs About Jane anyone? This song oozes the bands old style, from the placement of the high chorus to the smooth and casual verses following. Fans will def love this track. 4/5
7. In Your Pocket: A mix of upbeat and downbeats here. It works at times but sometimes gets a little tiresome. The lyrics are also a little all over the place too, a phone in your pocket? Am I missing something here. 2.5/5
8. New Love: "Forgive Me" but this song is so good! It's a mix of classic Maroon 5 with a touch of their new style. It's just all really well formed, from the sassy Adam swearing to the arrangement of the instrumentals in accordance to Levine's voice, along with the amazing breakdown. Next single please? 5/5
9. Coming Back For You: 90's flash-dancing anyone? This track has a kind of disco vibe to it, with Levine cooeing out the catchy lyrics of "I'll be coming back for you, don't you worry girl". It's cool, but needs a little more lyrics to it. 3/5
10. Feelings: Another disco-ish kind of track, except it's more clevery arranged with Adam playing on the chorus, along with a play on certain line with Levine echoing dirty orgasmic sounds. 4/5
11. My Heart Is Open: Gwen Stefani makes a surprising appearance here, and makes for a beautiful stripped back ballad. Both Adam & Gwen flow perfectly with each other and prove a dynamic duo. The track is also penned by both Levine and Sia! Need I say more? 5/5
12. Shoot Love: Another cleverly written track, that proves both catchy and is your usual driving and screaming along track. 3.5/5
13. Sex and Candy: A very chilled, and laid-back tune for those who love a good old stripped back country style track. 3/5
14. Lost Stars: Performed solely by Adam Levine, it's a stripped back Levine which makes for one of those good-feel songs to start the day to. 3/5
VERDICT: A perfect summer blend of classic Maroon 5, full of catchy tracks and ballads. It's much more diverse and strong than last album effort 'Overexposed'. Fans will love it, and should have radio air-waves alike pleased.